Spring is here and now your skin has survived the harsh conditions of winter it’s time to refresh your beauty routine to help your hair, skin and nails return to their best condition.
Your skin renews itself approximately every four weeks. No matter your age or the damage to your skin, you can make changes to have younger, healthier looking skin in a short amount of time.
Just like cleaning out your wardrobe or switching to a healthier diet, you can spring clean your skin by taking these steps.
Out with the old
Spring is the time to get rid of the old and make room for new. Although it may not always be clear on the packaging, skin care products and makeup have a use by date and holding on to old beauty products can cause the spread of bacteria or loss of effectiveness.
Consider throwing out the following:
- Dirty makeup brushes / sponges
- Mascara more than three months old
- Products which have changed colour, smell or consistency
- SPF products older than a year
Use the right products
What works for your skin in winter may not be suitable in spring. If you have ongoing skin issues, consider reassessing the products you include in your daily routine.
- Switch to a lighter moisturiser: As the weather gets warmer your skin will become oilier. A lighter moisturiser will give your skin the hydration it needs without increasing oil production.
- Wear less makeup: less foundation will allow your skin to breathe and glow.
- Exfoliate: Depending on your skin type you may need to exfoliate more in spring / summer. Aim to exfoliate 1-2 times per week.
- Assess your skin: If you are unsure which products are right for you consult a professional.
Applying SPF all year round is important for preventing damage from the sun and the early signs of ageing. It is easy to forget to apply sunscreen in winter but once the weather warms up, sunscreen should become a priority in your beauty routine.
If you skip the sunscreen and suffer sunburn, Silicea Gel can be applied topically to ease the pain and get your skin back to a healthy condition.
Refresh your hair
Winter can cause more split ends than usual. Get your hair trimmed for an instant refresh and restore its condition with a hydrating hair mask.
Get a professional manicure / pedicure
Say goodbye to dry, dead cuticles caused by the cold weather and book in for a professional manicure and / or pedicure to treat yourself for spring.
Restore from the inside out
Winter reduces the moisture in your face, causing dryness and blemishes. Now is an ideal time to introduce a skin-loving mineral supplement such as Silicea into your daily vitamin and mineral intake. By giving your body a boost of silica (the main ingredient in Silicea) from the inside your hair, skin and nails will receive the improvement you are looking for.
If you’re after even more of an extra boost, Silicea ULTRA combines five essential vitamins and minerals proven to support supple skin, strong nails and healthy hair.
To choose which Silicea product to introduce to your spring / summer routine visit www.silicea.com.au.