Winter can wreak havoc on your hair, skin and nails. A combination of cold temperatures, strong, chilly winds, low humidity and internal heating causes a number of problems. As the cooler weather begins to hit in Australia, you may start to worry about the following impacts on your appearance:
The environment can have damaging effects on your hair across all seasons. The winter chills can be your hair’s worst enemy causing frizz, static stands and dryness. Hot showers can also have an impact on your scalp. This can be particularly painful for those who already have thin, frizzy or weak hair.
By taking a Silicea supplement, such as Silicea Original One-a-Day, you can maintain your luscious locks during the winter months. Silicea strengthens the hair and promotes growth to keep your hair shiny, beautiful and more resistant to the impacts of winter.
Winter strips the skin of its natural moisture causing dehydration. Even people who don’t normally have dry skin can find the winter months a problem. Chapped lips, flushed appearance and a noticeable increase in fine lines are all common problems resulting from dehydrating conditions. The loss of hydration and the resulting damage to collagen leaves us with dull looking skin.
Silicea can prevent these issues by assisting with the skin’s oil and collagen production, both of which are depleted during winter. Collagen itself is largely made up of silica, so by taking Silicea in the cooler months your skin will be able to better retain moisture and remain vital.
Cold winter air takes away the moisture from your nails, leaving them delicate and prone to breakages, tears and chipping. Cuticles also suffer from dryness during this time.
To strengthen your nails from within, a combination supplement such as Silicea ULTRA, which includes five essential vitamins and minerals, can provide protection. Start taking Silicea ULTRA and, with a combination of external care, your nails are sure to have the strength they need to survive the winter.
The main cause of these beauty winter woes is dehydration and a decrease in circulation. The good news is there are simple solutions to keep your glow all year round.
Here are our beauty tips to winter-proof your appearance:
What to include in your beauty bag this winter:
- A Silicea product of your choice: start using Silicea two months before winter hits to give your hair, skin and nails the moisture and strength they need to stay in top condition.
- Hand cream: keep hand cream in your bag and apply during the day when needed to help with dry skin, cuticles and nails.
- Hair treatment: treat your hair once a week to a deep conditioning treatment of your choice.
- Moisturiser: Choose all-natural moisturisers for face and body and use twice daily. If you use a light moisturiser in summer, invest in a more nourishing option for winter.
- Lip balm: prevent dry, cracked lips by applying a lip balm regularly throughout the day, especially before going outside.